Monday, October 13, 2008

Hi! I'm LaDawn!

Well, this is it! My very first blog post.
I can start by giving you a little background on my family.

I grew up in LaVerkin, Utah. I am the second out of seven kids. My maiden name is Smith, and I'm a direct descendant of Hyrum Smith.
I met my husband LaMar while attending my first year at BYU where I was persuing a degree in early childhood development.
We were married three months later, and the following year, we welcomed our first child (and only Daughter Sariah, (18) who is currently a Freshman at BYU.
In the years since then, we have added to our family with 9 more children, all boys! I like to call them my "Stripling Warriors." They are Helaman (17) Nephi (15) Moroni (14) Jacob (11) Ammon (9) Malachi (7) Jared (5) Mosiah (3) and Alma (18 months). They are all as incredibly handsome as their father.
In a few months, our family will reach 13 members, as we are expecting our 11 child. Sariah was really hoping for a little sister, but it looks like we will bring our total number of boys to ten when Sam is born at the end of the year.

I am currently serving as the Primary President in our Ward. I have served there for just over three years.

My original reason for starting this blog was to share my recipes and vast knowledge of cooking and other homemaking arts, but just so you know, I will be writing about my family too. They are my life, and everything I do revolves around them. Besides, they are the ones that I cook for most of the time, so I feel like I need to include them too.

( I might just include a little bit of Ward gossip too;)

7 comments:

Jo said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to read and try some of your yummy recipes. Your 11 make me seem like a slacker with just my six. Six is the new twelve I hear though.

Brittany Marie said...

Hi LaDawn! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have to confess, I've never eaten green jello salad and as you know, I barely figured out how to grind wheat. (I know, I'm a bad Mormon.) But I DID write a book on the temple. I hope that balances things out.

I love your June Cleaver picture, btw.

Jillene said...

I am really excited for the recipes!! I am ALWAYS on the look out for new and yummy things!!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Welcome to the dark side. Mwuah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! kidding.

Kristina P. said...

Wait, that's June Cleaver? I thought it was Lucille Ball. I was so looking forward to hearing all about the chocolate factory/canning center antics.

Elisa said...

Mombabe stole my line.

Blogging is a slippery slope to addiction. Just so you know! (just kidding. only slightly)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

K. I read them all.

and Ward gossip. LOVE that.

I have a whole story to share. It's not mine to share though.. am telling her to get on over here herself cuz you NEED to hear it. All mommy-blogging and ward gossiping.